Allies for All: LGBTQIS-2 (Print Edition)
As a school psychologist, you are charged with the task of bringing together individuals to support the needs of all students, particularly those in the LGBTQI2-S* community. Use this printed, plastic-coil bound collection with district leaders and parents to understand their experiences, address challenges, and effect change.
Compiled resources are broken into four parts:
- Safe schools for LGBTQ youth;
- Sexual development, gender development, and disclosure experiences;
- Risks for sexual minority youth; and
- Advocacy action steps.
Use the articles, research, and position papers in this compilation to:
- Advocate for and create a safe, supportive school environment for LGBTQ youth in your district;
- Communicate with parents and other support staff about transgender and gender-diverse youth;
- Differentiate between biological sex and gender identity;
- Learn from disclosure and diagnosis experiences of LGBTQ and intersex students;
- Identify and address potential mental health concerns;
- Assess suicide risk for sexual minority youth; and
- Understand the prevalence of bullying and school victimization.