AMA CPT Professional 2023
2023 AMA CPT® Professional Edition and CPT® E/M Companion
2023 CPT® Professional Edition
This AMA code book includes the complete CPT®️ code set, official CPT®️ guidelines, and highlights of all 2023 code, guideline, and text changes.
An enhanced table of contents facilitates quick searches, and the exhaustive Index enables coders to locate codes related to a specific procedure, service, anatomic site, condition, synonym, eponym, or abbreviation. You’ll easily fend off denials with features like the CPT®️ Changes, CPT®️ Assistant, and Clinical Examples in Radiology citations. Rely on the AMA CPT®️ 2023 Professional Edition to guide you in flawless reporting.
Key Features and Benefits
- Complete 2023 CPT® Code Set – Includes official AMA CPT® Guidelines with detailed Evaluation and Management (E/M) Services Guidelines
- Comprehensive CPT® Index – Locate codes related to a specific procedure, service, anatomic site, condition, synonym, eponym, or abbreviation with highlighted main terms for a clearer, quicker search
- Enhanced Table of Contents – Perform a quick search of the code book’s entire content
- Summary of Additions, Revisions, and Deletions for 2023 – Save time with this quick reference to 2023 code changes
- Alphabetical Tabular Listing of Most Analytes in the Pathology and Laboratory Section – Simplify your code search by finding applicable molecular pathology codes based on a specific analyte
- Increased Granularity in Molecular Pathology – Improve your ability to assign the proper code for a laboratory procedure
- Appendix of Multianalyte Assays with Algorithmic Analyses – Use an administrative code set of single-sourced (laboratory or manufacturer) tests
- CPT® Changes, CPT® Assistant, and Clinical Examples in Radiology Citations – Enhance your understanding of the CPT® code set with cross-referenced information in popular AMA resources
- Illustrated Anatomical and Procedural Review – Improve your coding accuracy and understanding of the anatomy and procedures referred to in code descriptors
- Coding Tips Throughout Each Section – Advance your understanding of the nuances of the code set
- Section-specific Table of Contents – Navigate more effectively through each section’s codes
- Multiple Appendices – Find answers to questions pertaining to modifiers, add-on codes, vascular families, reporting telemedicine services, renumbered CPT® codes, and resequenced CPT® codes
- Free CEU with Purchase – With every purchase of a 2023 AAPC code book, you can register for a free code book training worth 1 CEU. Each training course will provide an overview of the code book including the history of the coding system, a tour of each book, and tips for success!
CPT E/M Companion 2023
This is the definitive AMA-authored supplement reference guide to the Current Procedural Terminology (CPT®️) 2023 Professional Edition. It is designed to help users understand changes to certain evaluation and management (E/M) services; how to report these new and revised or consolidated codes; and how to apply the revised and new guidelines effective Jan 1, 2023.
To enable consistency with the 2021 revisions to the E/M office and other outpatient codes, the 2023 E/M changes will provide users with a streamlined set of E/M guidelines that apply across multiple sites of service; revisions to code descriptors that reflect the structure approved in the office visit revisions; and a uniform Medical Decision Making (MDM) table for all the sites of services noted, as well as office or other outpatient visits.
The CPT E/M Companion covers the following topics:
- Changes for the affected services, including guideline changes
- Code group consolidations and/or deletions
- Reporting considerations
A detailed review of the changes, along with key practical coding and reporting considerations to support correct use of these new and revised codes, are included in this supplement.