Box Set - Central Service Leadership Manual and Workbook, 3rd Edition
Box Set - CHL 3rd Edition
Sterile Processing leaders hold incredibly demanding positions within their healthcare facilities. They have very important and widely diverse responsibilities including:
- Staff recruitment, hiring, training and professional development
- Management of numerous resources required for planning and for day-to-day operations
- Compliance with regulations, standards and guidelines
- Customer service and interactions with stakeholders
The first section of the Central Service Leadership Manual, Third Edition, addresses those skills by providing a comprehensive discussion of leadership. Sterile Processing leaders must also be technical specialists with a broad understanding of sterile processing science. The decisions they make and the processes they develop can literally result in life or death patient outcomes as well as staff safety issues.
The second section of the manual examines technical knowledge for Sterile Processing leaders and includes information on:
- Safety and disaster preparedness
- Construction projects
- Work areas and workflow
- Instrument and information system management
- Soiled item processing systems
- Clean item assembly systems
- High-temperature and low-temperature sterilization
- Sterile storage and distribution systems
- Purchasing and inventory management systems
Today’s SP leaders require a foundation of management and business information to address their non-technical responsibilities and they must also have the knowledge to manage highly technical processes and address commonly asked questions about them. The completely revised Central Service Leadership Manual, Third Edition, will be an asset for every SP leader and department.
The Central Service Leadership Boxed Course contains one textbook and one workbook.