Bullying Prevention Guide
by Larry Childs and Michelle Wilson
PA's book about Bullying Prevention is excellent for any middle school physical educator, health and wellness, academic teacher, or guidance counselor using experiential education curriculum. Developed by Project Adventure in partnership with North Andover Public Schools (MA), this guide contains more than 40 active group lessons, which focus on social skill development. These social emotional skills focus on building and developing awareness, techniques, and taking action to prevent bullying while building a positive, proactive, values-based community. These are valuable skills that allow students to effectively deal with the challenges bullying presents. It is an excellent, practical resource that can provide a stand-alone program or one that can complement your existing program.
*Respect, Achievement, Inclusion, Service and Empathy
• More than 40 adapted activities with complementary lessons and debrief questions/ideas.
• Targeted for middle school grades 6 - 8.
• Developed in partnership with North Andover Public Schools (MA).
• Integrates R.A.I.S.E (Respect, Achievement, Inclusion, Service, and Empathy) as a Full Value Contract for building a respectful learning community.
• Lessons focus on developing the social emotional skills necessary for bullying prevention and self-care.
• A very user-friendly guide that is easily understood and implemented.