Industrial Ventilation: A Manual of Recommended Practice for Operation and Maint
This manual is intended as a companion to the 26th and future editions of Industrial Ventilation: A Manual of Recommended Practice for Design. Some of the highlights of this manual include:
- Guidance and training information for personnel with responsibilities for the acquisition, operation, and maintenance of industrial ventilation systems.
- Discussion of key points regarding effective operation and maintenance for industrial ventilation systems and identification of why many ventilation systems fail to deliver the expected employee protection.
- Tools that allow management and employees to deliver the desired employee protection with well-designed systems (assuming that site management sets clear expectations and responsibilities within its organization for industrial ventilation system results).
- Discussion of acquisition and operation of an industrial ventilation system from developing the initial design requirements to successful system maintenance and operation that keep the system within design parameters.
The chapters in this manual are written for the employees and their managers who must use and maintain industrial ventilation systems in the workplace. Each chapter is a comprehensive guide for users of industrial ventilation systems through their duties and responsibilities, and provides information on how the systems work, recommended maintenance frequency, and troubleshooting guidance. Some of the chapters in this manual include:
- Construction and Commissioning
- Air System Testing
- Operator Skills and Training
- Monitoring and Maintenance
- Managing Ventilation Systems
- System Modifications