MPP Series: Towel and Tissue Papermaking
Towel and Tissue Papermaking is the last of the 15 CDs in the Making Pulp and Making Paper CD Series. Through this highly interactive, self-paced CD participants learn towel and tissue papermaking terms, concepts, and processes.
After completing the Towel and Tissue Papermaking CD, participants should be able to:
- Explain how the manufacturing of towel and tissue grades of paper is different from other grades of paper
- Describe the different types of tissue formers
- Explain the TAD process and its advantages and disadvantages
Benefits for Everyone
The series is designed for anyone who would benefit from a working knowledge of the pulping and papermaking process, including:
- Paper machine operators
- Process and product engineers
- Sales and Technical support staff
- New employees
It will also be beneficial to experienced production or technical employees who need a more thorough understanding of a specific area of the operation, especially for cross-training purposes. New employees of chemical and equipment suppliers and paper industry consultants will also benefit from the series.