Procedural Coding Expert 2022
Improve Efficiency, Boost Reimbursement, and Master 2022 CPT® Code Changes with the Procedural Coding Expert 2022
The user-friendly design of this expansive resource lays out the 2022 CPT® code set with full code descriptors, E/M coding advice, CPT® to HCPCS Level II G code crosswalks, CPT® and HCPCS Level II modifiers with definitions and tips, proprietary laboratory analyses codes, inpatient-only procedure codes, brand-name vaccinations associated with CPT® codes, vascular families for interventional radiology coding, Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (MPFS) details — and so much more!
Everything you need for each coding decision, conveniently organized, is easily identifiable with color-coded alerts and highlights. Get quick access to essential data for spot-on CPT® coding.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Complete 2022 CPT® Code Set: Find all current CPT® codes and their descriptions in one place.
- Customized Alphabetic Index for 2022: Save time and eliminate cross-reference searching with thousands of easy-to-follow entries.
- Comprehensive Code Chapters: Effortlessly locate Category I, II, and III, multianalyte assays, and proprietary laboratory analyses codes.
- 2022 Coding Advice for New/Revised/Deleted Codes: Avoid errors with coding tips for new and revised codes, plus go-to crosswalks for deleted codes.
- CPT® and HCPCS Level II Modifiers: Refer to definitions and guidance for assigning modifiers correctly.
- CPT®-to-G Code Crosswalks: Quickly locate G codes for billing Medicare and other payers simply by looking up CPT®
- Colored Symbols and Code Alerts: Expansive highlights throughout the chapters emphasize coding and billing requirements and reimbursement information:
- New/revised, add-on, and re-sequenced codes
- FDA approval pending
- Modifier 51 or 63 exempt
- Female/male only procedures, maternity services/procedures
- MIPs code, telemedicine code
- Facility/non-facility total RVUs
- Global days
- Modifier crosswalks
- HCPCS code dosage for drugs
- Payment Limit Maximum Reimbursement Amount
- ASC payment indicator/ASC separate payment
- APC status indicator/APC value
- CPT® Assistant article references
- Appendices: Access all the information you need in one convenient resource:
- New, revised, and deleted codes for 2022
- 2022 crosswalks for deleted codes
- Inpatient-only procedure codes
- Category II modifiers
- Re-sequenced codes
- Vascular families for interventional radiology
- Lists of modifier 51 exempt, modifier 63 exempt, and add-on codes
- Place of service and type of service codes and definitions
- Payment status indicators and definitions
- HCPCS Level II modifiers and descriptions
- Brand-name and generic vaccinations associated with CPT® codes
- Drug class list
- Helpful Illustrations: Boost your understanding of procedures with detailed anatomical illustrations throughout the chapters.
- E/M Office and Other Outpatient (99202–99215) Audit Worksheet: Keep your E/M pay on track by ensuring compliance with 2021 E/M guidelines.
- Dictionary-style Headers and Bleed Tabs: Easily navigate chapters with color-coded page headings highlighting the code range on every page.
- Note Pages: Use convenient note pages between each chapter to jot down critical coding reminders.
Procedural Coding Expert 2022 provides an easy way to maximize reimbursement in the year ahead.