ANSI/IICRC S100 Standard for Professional Cleaning of Textile Floor Coverings
This standard describes the procedures, methods, and systems to be followed when performing professional commercial and residential textile floor coverings (e.g., carpet and rugs) maintenance and cleaning. Professional carpet and rug maintenance and cleaning consist of the following components for which procedures are described in this standard.
- Principles of cleaning;
- Chemistry of cleaning;
- Construction of textile floor covering and style;
- Carpet selection;
- Soiling and soil management;
- Carpet cleaning equipment and tools;
- Methods and systems of cleaning;
- Safety and health;
- Pre-cleaning and post-cleaning inspections;
- Spot and stain removal;
- Residential and commercial cleaning, and
- Area rugs.