Edmark Reading Program: Level 1 - Second Edition, Additional Reading and Social
The Reading and Social Skills Games include 30 games with lesson plans. The games provide reinforcement of Edmark Reading Program words in the context of playing a variety of games. Students develop social skills and a basic understanding of various game-playing procedures. Social skills such as interacting, cooperating, and problem solving are functional skills often required in students’ IEPs, and are necessary in the activities of daily life, work, and leisure.
The student will do the following:
- Read and comprehend words, phrases, and sentences
- Demonstrate reading fluency
- Use Edmark Reading Program words receptively and expressively
- Demonstrate age-appropriate social skills
- Demonstrate age-appropriate game-playing skills
Additional reading, social, and game-playing objectives are found in the Reading and Social Skills Games Manual.
- Manual including lesson plans and reproducible materials
- CD-ROM of reproducible materials
- Word Cards
- Two-sided Game Board
- Game pieces and dice