ICD-10-CM Complete Code Set 2023
2023 ICD-10-CM Expert
ESSENTIAL! For 2023 codes and guidelines, AAPC's ICD-10-CM Expert 2023 is a must-have resource for physician-based and facility-based clinical coders and coding students — now with complete official guidelines in the front of the book and chapter-specific guidelines before each chapter!
Find codes faster, improve your productivity, and make the right coding decisions at the right time. The unique design and special features of the ICD-10-CM Expert 2023 code book will help you identify proper code sequence, code to the highest level of specificity, and ensure your code selection accurately reflects documented medical necessity.
Key Features and Benefits
- Complete 2023 ICD-10-CM code set with code descriptors for new and revised codes
- Summary of 2023 ICD-10-CM code changes in an easy-to-review appendix
- 2023 Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting with quick view flow charts to help students and professional coders meet compliance requirements
- NEW! 2023 Chapter-specific guidelines before each chapter so you can quickly reference the guidelines you need for the codes you use most
- “Eye” symbols alert clinical coders that a specific code has a guideline reference
- Anatomy and physiology descriptions before Tabular List chapters provide information pertaining to specific body anatomy and diseases
- Special color coding throughout to highlight instructional notes, bilateral and unilateral indicators, and other features
- Symbols and highlights for Medicare code edits to highlight age, sex, manifestation, other specified and unspecified codes
- Indicators alert medical billers to MACRA codes required for MIPS quality and cost measures reporting
- Extension “X” symbol to alert coders to the ICD-10-CM placeholder “x” convention
- Appendix with Z codes for long-term use of drugs
- Symbol for Z codes used as the first-listed diagnosis
- Expanded online updates and tips to help you improve accuracy and efficiency
- Highlighted vertical lines orient the eye to the correct indentation throughout the Index to Diseases and Injuries
- Full-color anatomical illustrations at the front of the book and throughout the Tabular List
- Adhesive tabs save you time by eliminating the search for your high-trafficked codes
- Spiral binding allows your book to lay flat when open
- Free CEU with Purchase: With every purchase of a 2023 AAPC code book, you can register for a free code book training worth 1 CEU. Each training course will provide an overview of the code book including the history of the coding system, a tour of each book, and tips for success!